Overview of Program
- Develop, improve, and or explore transmission and substation maintenance and operations by developing or improving one or more areas of interest with an using Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Drone:
- Investigate the use of UAVs (Drones) for Transmission Line Inspection & Maintenance
- Improve repair times / eliminate the need for helicopter survey
- Improve Power Outage restoration times, find broken components quickly with better success
- Equip drones with HD Camera, IR Camera, Antenna to perform a diagnostic survey of High Voltage Transmission Lines.
- Perform autonomous flight using maps of the system
- Materials will be provided prior to the delivery of the lesson each week.
- Students will have E-learning class access
- Students will work on their own projects provided by the instructor
- Fun and Interactive lesson materials.
Prior Knowledge & Experience
- Students need to complete micro: bits, Arduino & Raspberry pi projects before commencing this program
Certificate upon Completion
- Students will be assessed and provided certificates.